16 - 19 Volunteers
- The transition for many young people from school education to college or employment can be very difficult. Especially young people who did not access mainstream education for most of their schooling.
- At MAP we provide up to three places per day to young people aged 16 - 19 who feel they would like to further develop their arts skills, get involved with MAP and make a positive contribution towards the community.
- This scheme also enables us to provide continuity to past participants as they make this transition. We work closely with youth volunteering schemes to ensure recognition of achievement and that participants are able to make a positive contribution towards the centre whilst maintaining support and guidance.
- Youth volunteers are supported to identify their area of interest and then develop their skills through assisting staff at MAP or developing their own project. Participants are encouraged to develop skills that are relevant to their chosen career route whilst helping out with the day-to-day running of the centre.
- For example one participant is developing a project to open a wholefoods tuck-shop at MAP. With support from staff he is writing a business plan, making funding applications and planning how to run and mange the shop.
- Other participants are assisting with graphic design and marketing, planning exhibitions and assisting with the development of the arts venue.
- Participants are given further support to explore progression options in their area of interest. All youth volunteers are encouraged to register with vinvolved (previously Millennium Volunteers).
If you, or someone you know, would like to get involved at MAP to develop creative skills contact us on 0113 2468468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Music and Arts Production Leeds is registered in England and Wales Company Number 06274330
Registered Charity #1125303
Registered Office: MAP. Hope House. 65 Mabgate. Leeds. West Yorkshire. LS9 7DR